Thursday, February 27, 2014

Miracle

In my opinion, Miracle was one of the greatest movies I have ever seen. Before starting this movie, I thought that the movie 42 was one of the best movies and it was my favorite before the start of Miracle. This film completely blew all others out of the water and made a huge impact on me. The characters each made an impression on me which was a hard thing to accomplish because of how many different characters there were. The members of the team, the coaches, and the people cheering them on all had such passion and pride that it really made the movie stand out to me. Personally, Jack O'Callahan stood out among the others. When he was hurt and couldn't play for the team, you could see just how upset and devastated he was when originally he didn't get along with everyone on the team. Also, he made the point that the team was, in fact, a family. The time when we watched this movie could not have been better. It was during when our own Olympic hockey team was playing and after watching Miracle, I cheered on our hockey team because I was so inspired by the movie. I would one hundred percent recommend this movie to everyone including kids, teens, boys, girls, and parents. It is such a powerful and feel good movie that I think everyone would enjoy.

The period in which this movie took place was a bad time in America. As shown by a short scene in the film, gas prices were insanely high which made people unhappy and scared. The terrible economic crisis was not helping. Not to mention the fifty two American US Embassy hostages being held for 444 days in Iran. Americans were down and had nothing to cheer for.. that is until the US Olympic hockey team defeated the "undefinable" soviet team. The "Miracle on Ice" was exactly what people needed, it restored their pride for being Americans. People had something to cheer for, and something to be proud about again. This story is not just about a hockey team beating another team, this story is about how one group of young college kids brought back pride, excitement, and happiness to America.

Even though I was young, I think that the impact of the September 11th, one of the darkest days in history, changed our nation forever. This terrible day brought along the support of the nation to aid those in trouble. Even in our darkest moments, people came together to give all of the support they could to the people lost and hurt by this attack on our nation.

6 comments:

  1. I also commented on the fact that 911 was an important day in US history. I like how you said that even in our darkest moments, we were able to come together to support our nation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Dakota on many things she wrote in her post. The characters greatly impacted me and I also thought Jack stood out amongst the others. Like Dakota, I also agree that the Miracle on Ice was exactly what the American people needed during their hard times. The win brought the nation together and lifted the spirits of the country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with what you're saying. I made a comment about 911 as well! It's so interesting how we all have similar thoughts. This win did, in fact, bring this nation together and lift our spirits. Good post Dak, good post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dakota, I would have to agree, I really enjoyed watching 42 but Miracle was also a great movie. I also liked Jack O'Callahan! He showed how much he really cared for his team!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dakota, I agree that they may haven't had anything to cheer for but how could a hockey game grab the attention of the entire nation, while filling them up with pride and complete faith in our poor economic system of the time? Biotechnology is used in a variety of areas from agriculture to pharmaceuticals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Similarly to Dakota and Jessie , I also agree that the Miracle on Ice was exactly what the American people needed during their hard times. I also agree that each of the characters left lasting impressions on me.

    ReplyDelete