Monday, February 10, 2014

Tombstone

I didn't like the movie when it first started because I'm not a fan of wild west movies to start with and I have already watched this movie before so it was hard to watch it again. Although, what made the movie better were the characters and their personal side stories. I think the romance made it a little more interesting and fun to watch. One of my favorite characters was Doc Holliday played by Val Kilmer. He was always very confident, funny, and smug which added to the movie and made it more interesting. I did get really confused between all the characters, there were a few too many 'main' characters that the movie focused on. Between all of the cowboys and all of Wyatt Earp's brothers, I couldn't keep track of who was who even after having already watched the movie once. I would only recommend this movie to others if they have an interest in learning about cowboys and specifically the wild west, otherwise it's a little hard to get though.

What makes an event legendary is something that should be or will be remembered forever. Something or someone so famous and so different that they should be specifically remembered for what they did forever. In my opinion, I think the cowboys are legendary because they're still remembered today and still talked about. Although, they aren't remembered as the bad guys that they really were and are now some made up character today and remembered just as a guy that rode a horse in the wild west. So it could really be debated if they're legendary or not. Wyatt Earp is still a "legendary western lawman" today. He is specifically remembered for what he did and who he was and people know his name. The part of the wild west that somewhat appeals to me is the cowboys. In this movie, they are portrayed as bad guys that kill people for fun. But today, kids think of them as happy, fun, boys that rode horses in the olden days. It's interesting to learn where they really came from and who they really were.

No comments:

Post a Comment